The Aerospace Engineering Bachelor of Science program has been accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org/.
Undergraduate Program Objectives
The Aerospace Engineering undergraduate program objective is to prepare graduates for professional practice in the Aerospace Industry and graduate study in Aerospace Engineering.
Undergraduate Program Outcomes
We measure achievement of our program objective through an assessment process focused on the performance of graduates 3-6 years after graduation. Our program is designed to achieve our objective by establishing measurable learning outcomes, which graduates of the program must demonstrate:
- Competence in the analysis, test and design of aerospace systems and components using contemporary techniques, equipment and software
- An understanding of the professional responsibilities associated with the special public safety and economic impacts of the Aerospace Industry on society
- The ability to communicate analysis, test and design results to engineers and non-engineers
- The ability to work effectively in interdisciplinary teams
- An understanding of the need for life-long learning
We measure achievement of these learning outcomes each semester as we incrementally improve our educational program to better achieve our program objective.